Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cactus Boot Shoe Repair Complaints - No one is running the business or answering the phone

The middle of June, 2010, I took a pair of men's shoes and a woman's belt in for repair. I have been a solid
client of this place of company and never expert anything like this before. He always had my repairs done in a prompt matter. When I went to pick up the shoes and belt, there was a sign on the door, indicating that he would be back within a week or so, due to illness in the family. It has been over six weeks now, and I have called and come by the place of business, only to discover NO ONE there. There is not even an answer/recording machine to leave a message. NOTHING. THIS, IN MY OPINION, IS NOT A WAY TO RUN A REPUTABLE BUSINESS and NO WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS WHEN YOU WANT REPEAT BUSINESS. If I do not hear back from the owner, I will make an accredited complaint with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police, BBB, and Channel 13, (as they seem to get results when notified of a company that is not running business as it should be run. ) I just want the shoes back, even if they are not repaired as of this date.

No comments:

Post a Comment